I have mixed feelings about leaving 2014 behind. There were times when it was great and times when it really wasn’t. I guess every year is like that.
So what were the highlights?
1. My first novel, Secrets of Hallstead House, was published in July. Woo hoo!
2. I finished my second novel, The Ghosts of Peppernell Manor, and started a third.
3. Our family went to Europe over the summer. All things considered, it was an amazing experience and I want to go again!
4. Two of my kids started new schools and love them.
5. My third child got a great score on her first attempt at the SAT.
7. I got a little more involved with Facebook and Twitter.
8. I completed a few of my New Year’s resolutions (more about that next week).
9. I had my first book signing! Thank you again, Corbin’s River Heritage!
10. I ran my first 5K and got to watch my husband finish the Maui Warrior Challenge in September.
And what were the not-so-highlights?
1. I have learned that having a book published isn’t all fun. It’s hard work, very time consuming, and each book, even after it’s published, is a long-term commitment.
2. Our family went to Europe over the summer. Someday, when the memories aren’t so raw and I can laugh at them, I’ll tell you some of my stories.
3. One of our children was hit by a car in August and is still recovering.
I would like to thank all of you for your support over the past year. I have enjoyed blogging and love reading your comments and hearing your thoughts. Let’s grow it in 2015!